Thursday, March 08, 2007

Practice Makes Perfect

Every Thursday for the past ten years, I have given myself a shot in one of my legs. The shot is to help me with my M.S. Beside each date is a check mark noting that I have shot myself. Don't you wish! Wrong shot! The shot doesn't hurt me, it helps me. This Thursday exercise is seldom missed by me because I know the importance of it. It has become a healthy habit. What healthy habits do you put into practice? "You can't have this if you want that" are words I ready many years ago and haven't forgotten. What do they mean? Well, if you want to drop a pound or two, you can't eat your cake and have it too. The cake is off limits if the weight is to come off. So it is with things spiritual. There is no right way to do wrong. When we put into practice the things that are meant to help us spiritually, the results are different than if we do the opposite, aren't they? Lent is only a short length of time, yet these days of discipline help us in the long run if we allow the holy habits to have us instead of letting unholy habits have us. I know from personal experience, don't you? We need to give it our best shot and see what comes from it. All it takes is practice. Lots and lots of practice. After all, practice makes perfect. Jesus said, "Be ye perfect as I am perfect." What are you waiting on?

No comments: