Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I CAN ONLY IMAGINE

Tonight I gave up American Idol for Lent. I heard praise music that thrilled me from head to toe. We stood and sang. We sat and sang. We worshipped the Lord with our voices and with our hearts. "I was glad when they said unto me, "let us go into the House of the Lord." I didn't miss the idol because I worshipped the true and living Lord! Talk about talent! The Praise Team was faith-tastic! Our spirits soared as we sang. We experienced the Holy and the human as the human directed our attention to the Holy and, the Holy touched our hearts. In giving up American Idol tonight, I gained so much more than anyone can imagine. I could care less about who wins American Idol. What I do care about is my soul and the souls of every American and everyone else because "Everybody Ought to Know Who Jesus Is." He alone is worthy of our praise and worship.

No comments: