Thursday, March 15, 2007

MY MISTAKE

I made a big mistake last night when I got up to lead a Bible study for a friend. This pastor had his wife introduced me after a meal together of forty to fifty people. She told the people that her husband told her to tell them, "Don't believe a thing this man says." After she sat down, I made a mistake in not saying, "I think your pastor's wife is the best looking of all the preacher's wives’ and, Jesus didn't die on a cross and come back from the dead!" But I thought of what I should have said after it was too late. Paul knows that I love to kid and tell jokes. I think he was trying to warn them to buckle their seat belts because I was such a hoot. He is right, of course. While most of what I said was very serious, I just had to throw in humor every now and again. They responded well to what was said and we all got out alive. I doubt that Paul will ever use me again or that they would want him to do such a thing, but I will be ready next time. Make no mistake about that!

No comments: