Sunday, March 04, 2007

A JANICE MOMENT

During worship this morning, the woman in front of us stood while the Praise team was singing. I whispered in my wife's ear, "She is having a Janice moment." About that time, others began to stand up too. That's when we stood as well. It was our way of celebrating Christ through music and adoration. Why did I call it a "Janice moment"? A number of weeks ago my wife, Janice, stood during the singing because she was so caught up in the moment through the music. I looked around and over 700 people were still seated. But Janice didn't care. She was doing what she wanted and needed to do, praise God. That's why in the service today I alluded to a "Janice moment" taking place. It really was wonderful to sense that the Holy Spirit had awakened something within worshippers that brought them to their feet. Thus, it was a Janice moment, a John moment, a Fred moment, a Nancy moment, a ____________moment... I wish more would seize the moment because it's an inner feeling that one is standing (sitting) on holy ground and they just have to do something beside just sit there. We all need to rise to the occasion even if we "march to the beat of different drummer."

No comments: