Wednesday, March 21, 2007

IT'S A TOSS UP!

If someone had told me a few years ago that I would be tossing a frisbee at a puppy when I was 63, I would have laughed at them. But today I was doing just that! I was tossing the top of a coffee container like a frisbee for Derby to run after. He loves to chase after it as it floats in the air above his little head. Then he loves to take off with it so that I have to try to catch him. I can't! What I can do is walk towards him and pick both the puppy and the freebie up. Then I try to catch something, my breath! I am hoping to drop some weight as Derby and I play in the back yard from time to time. He has a buddy named Sandy next door that he likes to play with too. I have to keep Derby on a leash or he and Sandy would take off down the street. That would really take my breath away. The two huskies would love to get in the game if they were not held down. Talk about something I hope I never see, that's it! I nicknamed the two of them: Dirty Dog and Dancing Dog. Goes right along with Derby Dog, doesn't it? Derby Pie is his name but I tend to call him Little Bits. But not much longer. Derby Pie is getting heavy as he grows up. He can already jump up on the couch or chair in the family room and he is getting taller and longer almost over night it seems. Having him around is almost like having a grand child. After all, Derby is a grand dog!

No comments: