Tuesday, March 06, 2007

ARE YOU AWARE?

I am awaiting an alert at 9:00 a.m. today from the National Weather Service. "This is a test. It is only a test." Zap! Our "All Hazards Alert Weather Radio" just sounded! It works! So did the radio station I have on. The test works. We passed! Just now I'm hearing sirens going off outside warning of community to be "on guard."

I remember when we living in Louisville a number of years ago that there was a test by the National Weather Service. When I heard it, I ran around the house to tell my family to go to the basement. I even ran outside and yelled to the man washing his car across the street that there was a tornado. That's when he informed me, "It's a test. Only a test", and went on with washing his car. That's when I walked back in the house and told the family what had happened. I was embarrassed but also alert. Some people don't pass the test because they go on living like it doesn't mean much of anything at all. Tell that to the citizens in Alabama and see what they say. Are you alert this morning? Don't be like me when I left my coffee up on the roof of my car. Don't be like me and leave your zipper down. Be like me though in what matters most. Your life! Your soul! Don't desert the alert! Be on guard!

No comments: