Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Public Prayer

I went shopping by myself today after getting my hair cut. While I was at the mall, I ate in the food court at a table by myself. While I was watching the people pass by, I noticed two women seated across the room. Just as I looked, one of the women bowed her head and prayed right there in public. That's when all of the sudden I stopped eating and prayed the prayer I had failed to pray. Isn't it easy to forget saying grace in the kind of place? I'm sure she didn't pray to be seen by anyone, but to be heard from the God to whom she prayed. When I saw her bow her head, it reminded me that I too should so the same. What about you? Do you pray in a public place? How about a private place?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to teach with a woman who would pray every day after receiving her tray in the cafeteria of our public school system.