Wednesday, February 14, 2007

"DOG - GONE IT!"

I was up at 5:00 this morning to take the dogs out. It was snowing and cold. Very cold! I had to watch my steps as I walked across the pavement so that I might not fall out there in the dark morning. I brought them back in and started to feed them when suddenly the wind blew and the back door flew open and both dogs fled into freedom. I didn't even try to go after them. I couldn't catch them if I tried. We will bait them in after awhile. Being huskies, they love to go in the snow. When Derby saw them at a distance when he was taken out he wanted to join them in their great escape. He was on a lease and was brought back into the house where it's warm. Dog-gone-it! They are gone but they will be back, wagging their frozen tails behind them!


Update: One dog was caught in the late afternoon while the other didn't get home until late into
the night. Both are doing fine this morning (Thursday) after a night's sleep and a good breakfast.

No comments: