Thursday, February 15, 2007

My Pastoral Record

As I was turning through my thick My Pastoral Record book this morning, I saw something I had forgotten was there. Written beneath the name of this 487 book are these words, "The Life Ministry of John Carroll Coomer." I'm not through writing in the sermons I've preached, the baptisms I've conducted nor the marriages and funerals I've conducted. My ministry isn't over yet. After just turning 63, I should still have several more opportunities to do these duties for a long, long time. I may not be able to do some of the things I used to do, but I can still do most of them. I know I am not to boast about these things but I'm proud of my pastoral record. I'm not tooting my own horn, I'm just thanking God for giving me this ministry. I used to have a small sign which read: "I'm humble and I'm proud of it" on my desk. I think they took it away from me for some reason. Beats me! Anyway, taking a trip through this thick book has brought about many memories on this cold winter morning. Now if I can just keep on doing some of these things for years to come, I'll be grateful to God for giving me this ministry.

No comments: