Thursday, February 15, 2007

HIGH NOON

I will be up even earlier in the morning than usual. I'm meeting a minister friend at high-noon for lunch. We haven't seen one another for several years. Thom and I served churches in the same town some twenty-two years ago. Thom moved out of state to serve a church and we lost track of one another until just recently. We've emailed one another for a number of months and decided to meet Friday. I will drive over a 100 miles to get to where I'm going and Thom will drive a number of miles as well. Knowing the two of us, there will be a very few moments when we won't be talking and listening to one another. We will share stories about our families and our churches we've served, and the "good old days." I am looking forward to Friday because it will be a lot like a belated birthday gift to see someone who means so much to me. High-noon can't come quick enough for me because Thomas Gibson is a great friend I've always appreciated. I will appreciate him even more if he picks up the tab at high-noon! Why shouldn't he? He always said I was a poor preacher! I get poorer year by year, Thom! It will be worth it just to see me!

No comments: