Thursday, February 15, 2007

HOLY GROUND

Since Lent starts in a few days, I've been reading Bishop William H. Willimon's new book, Thank God It's Friday. It deals with the seven last words from the cross. I'm only on page 9 and I feel as if I'm standing on holy ground. I've heard Bishop Willimon several times across the years and have always been blessed. But more than that, I've been challenged! He has a way of saying a number of things that stir up my soul in such a way that I know I can't stay as I am. I have to make some spiritual adjustments if I am to be a Christ follower. I still have a few pages to go as I read about the first word from the cross, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." (Luke 23: 32-38) and he has said some things that I need to hear and heed. I have put his book down for today so I can do some serious thinking about a very serious subject. I have an idea that when I pick it up again, I will be on tip toes to capture what he has to say about the sayings of my Savior. I can hardly wait till then.

No comments: