Thursday, February 01, 2007

"Me & My Shadow"

"Me and my shadow" is an old saying that I remember from way back when I was a child. Then a few years ago we bought a cocker spaniel and named him Rusti. Rusti was with us for a long time. The truth of the matter is, where ever you went, Rusti went. Upstairs - upstairs, downstairs - downstairs. She would follow you from room to room. She was like a shadow. Since we brought Derby home a few weeks ago, he has become the shadow. Where ever you go, Derby goes. This morning I played hide - go -seek with Derby. He found me each and every time. I didn't have to call him or whistle for him, he just always showed up. They say that a dog is man's best friend. I say, this dog is like shadow. I don't mind having him follow me everywhere as long as I can get a nap in from time to time. Now, where us that little feller?

1 comment:

Jennifer Coomer said...

Rusti was a girl.