Wednesday, February 28, 2007

FORWARD MARCH!

Cleaning off my desk and bookcase a few minutes ago I found something I had forgotten I had. I found a book I'd put aside awhile back. I look forward to start reading it on this last day of February. The book title is, Spring: A Spiritual Biography of the Season. I have already read Autumn and Winter. After Spring comes Summer, right? Can't wait! I have an idea that as I read Spring, I will have all sorts of thoughts spring up in my mind. Just now I thought of the seasons of our lives. What season am I in right now at age 63? I know it's not Spring. I know it's not Summer. I think it might be the beginning of Fall on this last day of February. I've lived 22,647 days during my life time thus far. How many more will I live? That I don't know. This I do know, each day is a gift from God to live well. So, enough of this blogging. I have too much else to do on this last day of February. Like: buy books and read them, take a trip with my wife, prepare sermons to have if I'm called upon to preach soon, etc. Forward March!

No comments: