Wednesday, February 28, 2007

THINK BIG!

Several years ago a minister friend and I stood on my front porch, over looking the lake across the street. From out of no where Wally asked me what would be some churches I'd like to pastor. I shared some with Wally, which brought forth these words, "Your expectations are not high enough, John." With those words, my ministry changed from thinking too low to thinking that I could do better, bigger, greater. Before I took disability status as a pastor, I pastored three larger churches that I had first thought I could never have pastored. And, I had some good years in those larger churches. Wally was right. Are your expectations set high enough? Too high? "In the long run men hit only what they aim at." (Henry David Thoreau) I had to let the Lord change my aim. When I did, it worked. But so did I. I worked hard to accomplish what I was aiming at in my work. I planted seeds for the future and I have seen some of those seeds produce great results. Greater than I thought they ever would. What are you working for today? Tomorrow? Think big!

No comments: