Friday, February 09, 2007

Can You Top This?

I went to the Public Library after having breakfast with a friend this morning. After reading a
couple of magazines and news papers, I got into my car to leave. All of the sudden I realized I
didn't have my hat on my head. I looked in the front and back seats, no hat. I thought that I'd
left it at the resturant and would have to go across town to get it, if it were still there. That's
when I remembered having my hat on my head when I went into the Library. So, I went back to the second floor to see if I had left it on the table where I sat when reading. It wasn't there.
As I was walking out of the room, I happened to look across the room and, there it was on the
floor by a chair I had sat down in when I first walked into the room. I picked it up and went
back out to the car to leave. I'm sure glad I found it because it was a gift from my wife. It is a
nice looking hat. But most of all, it's cold!! I don't see how people get by without something on
their heads when they are out doors in weather like today. But I see them all the time. Some
don't have a hat on and to top that, they don't have any hair with. Makes me shiver all over
my body as I write this Blog in my nice, warm house. By the way, I've still got on my hat. I
don't want to leave it somewhere where I can't find it again. They say a hat helps keep the
body warm. I say "amen" to that on this fridget Friday where small snow flakes are falling
as I look out the window of my study. Burr!

No comments: