Wednesday, January 10, 2007

WORDS OF WISDOM FROM A WISE MAN

When I went to the Barber shop this morning I had no idea how wonderful it would be. A former president of Western Kentucky University, Dr. Dero Downing, was having his hair cut. Since I met him several years ago, we engaged in conversation while we were there. One of the barbers asked the two of us a moral question that was very tough to answer. Being the wise man that I am, I let the much wiser man speak first. In fact, I didn't say anything at all after hearing him. He simply said, "Tell him that his past is past, and now all he has is the present and the future, and get on with his life!" Wow! What wisdom. I agree 100% with this much older and much wiser man. And, it reminded me why he is considered to be one of the very best presidents WKU has ever had. He listened and then he spoke. And when Dero Downing speaks, everyone listens. I hope I run into him again soon so I can glean much more from this him. When I walked out the door I realized I not only look better, I'm much wiser. I just hope it shows.

1 comment:

Jennifer Coomer said...

...don't tell anyone...but i didn't know he was still alive...