Wednesday, January 24, 2007

"Will You Marry Me?"

I was shocked last week when a woman asked if I would marry her. Why would a lovely young woman want me to marry her? For one thing, I'm already a married man. Why would she want an older man who limps when he walks to marry her? These are tough questions that demand only one answer, will I marry her or not? Well, after thinking things over, I told her that I would marry her. I asked her when she wants to get married. She told me that September would be fine. That's when I asked her the hardest question of all, "why me?" She then informed me that my daughter is one of her good friends. She then informed me that of all the other men she wanted to marry her, I was the one she wants to marry her. Being the very nice man that I am I told her, "It's a date!" So, in September I am going to marry Katie to Chris in Nashville. It will be my first marriage as a pastor in Nashville. I am still stunned that Katie wants me to marry her though. It will be an honor to perform their service.

No comments: