Thursday, January 25, 2007

A Hard Read

Today I am going to start re-reading a book I read several years ago. I had lost my copy awhile back so I bought a new copy a few months ago. I am just now picking it up to read, why have I waited so long? It's because I know much of what Man's Search for Meaning is all about. Viktor Frankl wrote about the horror in Nazi death camps. It isn't a book you would want to read over a meal and it is not a book you would want read quickly. It is a book that grabs you and won't let go. I guess that's why I've waited. There are so many other good books to read and that's what I've been doing. But now is the time to pick the book up once again and let it remind me of man's worse treatment of mankind. I know I find myself searching for meaning as I read page after page of this small book with a big message. I will look up to God as I look at each and every page as I read this book once again after many, many years when I was in seminary just outside of Chicago.

No comments: