Thursday, January 18, 2007

"WHAT'S IN YOUR WALLET?"

When I put my hand in my coat pocket today I felt a piece of paper. I wondered what it was as I pulled it out to take a look at it. It was a note I had written to myself reminding me to do two things. One word said, "Dad." I can gladly say that I called Dad yesterday and talked for quite awhile. The second word said, "Suit." I needed to pick up my suit at the Cleaners. Well, I'm glad to say that these two things have been done. It's the putting the two words together that is much more demanding, "Suit Dad." That's a big job. He always asks when we will be over to see him. Or, he wants something done for him, the sooner, the better too! When I put the two words together, I laughed. I laughed because I will never accomplish suiting Dad. Although I will keep trying, I know that it is the impossible dream. I also know that my own two children don't always suit their Dad either. But that's okay. I love them anyway. I hope my Dad can ditto what I just said when it comes to loving someone who has to write himself a note to do something or else he might forget to remember. I need a nap after all this stuff I've written about myself. So, "Good night and good luck." By the way, what's in your wallet?

No comments: