Friday, January 19, 2007

I'M A TWO TIMER

As I was walking through one of our bedrooms late yesterday afternoon I fell and broke two ribs on my right side. A couple of years ago I slipped on ice and broke two on my left side. It hurt both times and it still hurts tonight! The Bible says that God took one of Adam's ribs out but he let him sleep through it. I had to sleep on the lazy boy last night and may again tonight. I went to my Doctor and he told me I was blessed that I didn't do more damage than I did. Amen to that! It hurts to get up, it hurts to sneeze and, it hurts to move to the left or to the right. When I hit the bed, it hurt so much that I couldn't even breath. I was by myself in the room so I banged on the wall with a coke can until my wife was able to get to me. She has been such a blessing to me.She slept on the couch in the family room so that if I needed her, she would be right there. She has been at my side through it all. Isn't that why God took a rib from Adam? He knew Adam would need someone by his side. She has been ribbing me ever since but that is okay with me. Our two children have been right by my side as well, asking about how I'm doing and giving me sufficent sympathy. I just hope two times is enough. I like lots of attention, but not this way!

2 comments:

Jennifer Coomer said...

This was very sweet, Daddy.

Anonymous said...

It has taken me awhile to catch up on your blog entires. You are a very special man and I am lucky God put us togehter to take care of each other. Janice