Saturday, January 20, 2007

"THE THIRD DAY"

Last Sunday a Pastor friend preached on the text from John's Gospel where it says, "On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee...." Then he alludes to it as getting "a glimpse of Easter." I love those two text being tied together. They say so muchto me. There is also an old saying that when you are hurt in an accident, it's the third day that hurts the worst. Can have an "Amen!" to that children? I join in the chorus of peopel who have "been there, done that." It happened a couple of years ago when I fell and broke two ribs on my left side. The third day was by far the worse day. Tonight as I type these words, brother's and sister's, I can testify to the fact that it's still true. Today is third day since I fell and broke two ribs on my right side. I have hurt off and on all day, mostly on! It's hard to sleep. It's hard to sit and watch tv. and, it's hard to even cough. That's the main pain!! Well, tomorrow is the fourth day and I look forward to less pain than today. I really do look forward to watching football all afternoon long without sharp stabs in my side. But until this pain in the side is history, I shall endure thanks to pain pills and knowing that "on the third day, Jesus overcame the greatest pain of all, death!

No comments: