Saturday, January 20, 2007

A GREAT DEAL

I'm John Coomer, and I am a coffee-holic. Every time I start reading from Leonard Sweet's, The Gospel According To Starbucks, I have to have a cup of coffee to drink with it. To be honest,
I have to have more than a cup, it's more like two or three cups. And, it's not even Starbucks in your cup. As Sweet says in his book, it's the experience of it all. So, all this got me to thinking.
What if every time I read The Bible, I were to have an experience from it that soothes my soul?
Or, what if I were to experience something that troubles my soul rather than soothes it? The
truth of the matter is that I need both the soothing and the stirring up. They go together so my
soul can be aware of what God's will is for my life. As the saying goes, "sometimes the truth hurts." "No pain, no gain." The Word is written to inspire us but it also instructs us, isn't it?
I am finding myself fascinated with the words of Sweet as I read more and more of this new book. I also am finding myself more and more fascinated as I read the words of Spirit, the Holy
Spirit. What I need to do next is to take these words and think about them a great deal because
they have a great deal to say to and about me. You too, by the way.

No comments: