Sunday, January 21, 2007

"I Didn't Sleep At All Last Night"

"I Didn't Sleep At All Last Night" could of been my theme song from last night. I slept very, very little. The funny thing is that I had taken a sleeping pill to help me sleep. I was reading the Sun-day paper at 5:00 a. m. and had watched the news on tv. Making matters worse, it wasn't worth watching in the first place. I tried counting sheep, dogs and the ticks of the clock, that didn't help either. I have taken three or four short snoozes so far and now I'm about to watch two football games with high hopes of having my two teams win. When I fell a couple of years ago and broke two ribs on my lefft side, I told my Pastor following the Christmas Eve service, " That was the most painful sermon I've ever heard!" About an hour later I was at the Hospital having x-rays to confirm they were indeed broken. Since I didn't want to go through another painful sermon today, and since I was sleepy, I stayed home. I will still bug him about preaching though. If I find myself having trouble sleeping tonight, I'll turn on a tape of one of my own sermons and see if that helps. "Preaching Pills to Snooze Through." Maybe I could sell some?
Would you believe, they are free for the taking. Sleep on it and call me back in the morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John,

My family and I are praying for you and Janice. I hope you pain subsides quickly. Have as good a day as you can have.

Louis