Monday, January 08, 2007

PREPARING TO PREACH

A year ago I preached several Sunday's at a small country church in another county. I am amazed that I will be preaching there again this year. I don't know what has happened and why it happened but I do know they need someone to show some compassion and concern for them.
I had planned to hear a dear friend preach Sunday here in Bowling Green but that will have to be put "on hold" for now. He and his wife have bought a house here in Bowling Green and soon will be moving in so I know we will see lots of one another.

It is a pleasure to preach and I even love preparing to do it. I think I already know what I want and feel I need to say Sunday. It is a new sermon that I started working with just this morning. I am anxious to hear it if I may say so myself. And, I just did. Prayer prepares the Preacher and the people as the two listen to the Word of the Lord. May both be ready when God speaks to our hearts with gifts of Grace and words of inspiration and instruction.

No comments: