Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A GREAT GUIDE

"In the Beginning."
Monday I began reading, The Diary of a Country Priest. I've heard about and read about this tiny book for years, I just never read it, until now. While I may not agree with all he has to say, I think I'll be spiritually enriched by it. I have served small churches and large churches in my forty-two years of being a Pastor. I have an idea I will see similarities as I turn through the pages. What amazes me is how the troubles of today that show up in churches are the same troubles that where there years and years ago. But best of all, the blessings of today are the blessings of years and years ago. The important thing is that Jesus never changes, While all else and all others change, Christ is always faithful to His Church. I just wish that could be said of me and you.

Prayer: Lord of the past, present and future, help me to keep my eye's upon the One is the Pioneer and Perfector of our faith. When I wander off on some wrong road, bring me back and guide me in the right direction as I seek to serve and love You. As the One who never changes, change me when and where I need it. I pray this in Your Holy Name. Amen.

No comments: