Tuesday, January 16, 2007

IS SPEEDY DELIVERY IS AT YOUR DOOR?

When our door bell rang a few minutes ago, I got up and went to the door. Before I could open it, through the window I saw the UPS driver driving on off. I looked down and saw a big box.
I knew what it was before picking it up. It was my medicine that I had ordered by phone a few
days ago. I took it in the kitchen and opened the box, put the medicine away and went back to what I had been doing. Then the thought came to me, "what else do I need delivered to my door today?" To be honest, I could use a package of patience. Mine is sorta running low. I could use a
container of courtesy. At times I fail to show kindness as I know I should. And then, I could use a big box of buttons. Often times I need to button my mouth before I say something I shouldn't say. I can't order these things but I can pray that the Good Lord might give them to me today though. You know what? I think he just rang the doorbell of my soul and handed them to me. Now all I have to do is put them to good use. What do you need delivered to your soul today? All you have to do is put in your order by prayer and who knows, Speedy Delivery just might show up sooner than you think! Hey! Don't knock it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John, your blog entries are always good, but this one really spoke to me. Thank you. Janice