Monday, January 01, 2007

"HIS NAME WAS JOHN"

"In the beginning..."
As I begin a new year, I reflect upon forty-one years of being in the ministry. A Scripture that has a special place in my heart comes from John 1: 6 and following. "There was a man sent from God, whose name was John....." Ever since I was called into the ministry, I've sought to serve
my Savour faithfully. As St Paul says in Acts, "And now I commend you to God....". That is what I've wanted to do throughout the years since being sent. I've been sent several places to serve
several people, in several ways. From the beginning, I have looked to the Lord to lead me and
give me strength. He has been faithful in all ways, at all times. Now that 2007 has begun, may
I continue in some way to be faithful the One who has sent me in His name. "His Name was
John" was a popular song a few years ago. Yes, my name is John, but there is a Name I love
to hear.....Jesus.....and I want everyone, everywhere to hear His Name above all names.

Jesus, Your name is precious because we are precious to You. Thanks for loving us as we are
but not letting us stay that way. Change us for Your glory. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.