Sunday, January 07, 2007

GOD KNOWS YOUR NAME

While we were taking Communion in church, I sat and watched person after person pass by as they were returning to their seats. Since I served as a Pastor at Broadway several years ago, I knew some of these people, but very few of them. As the hundreds of people passed by, the thought came to my mind, I may not know their names, but God does. He knows their names, ages, SS numbers, addresses, phone numbers, children, pets, etc. He even knows their sins. And, He knows your’s, too. Yet, with all He knows about you, God still loves each and every one of us. That is great to know as we journey on into yet another new year. Communion reminds us all that Jesus lived and died for all of us and all of our sins. What we need to know and remember is to call upon the Name of God's Son and confess our sins and He forgives and forgets every one of them, everyone! Worship was wonderful because we worship a Wonderful God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John,

I printed this out and put it up in my office, so that when I get frustrated with not knowing enough names, I can remember that my knowing their name is not as important as knowing that He knows it.

Thanks,

Louis