Friday, December 08, 2006

WHERE YOU BEEN - WHERE YOU GOING?

When I went into the Dinning room to open the shades this morning, I saw the three Wise Men. They were behind some stalks of a plant as if they were hiding from me. One had fallen over so I put him in his place. Then I got to thinking: Where have these three Wise men been since last December? Why are they in the planter rather than on display? Maybe they are on their way to celebrate Christmas. They, like us, still have a ways to go. There are many stops ahead and there are many things to do. I'm sure thay they will in the right place at the right time. I just hope I am. And you.
One of my former churches had plastic people and animals on display just outside the building. I noticed that a couple of the sheep had gone astray. I wondered where they were. Had the sheep been stolen? Then I saw the two sheep had been blown across the street to the Baptist Church during the night. I asked the Pastor if he was stealing my sheep. He laughed and said he would have to dunk them and was afraid all they would do would be to float. I told those two lost sheep to stop straying and stay put. we would take good care of them. They did. Now if I can just get the rest of the Methodist to stop straying, everyone and everything will be right where they
belong. Are you?

No comments: