Thursday, December 07, 2006

"I WANT TO HOLD YOUR HAND"

While we were in the Waiting Room at the Hospital today, I saw an elderly couple come into the room. They were holding hands as they found a seat to sit down. He helped her take off her coat and hat and then took care of checking in. He took time to listen to what she had to say and explained things to her. When their name was called, he took her by her hand and led to the desk. Soon afterwards, they were taken away. I don't think my wife saw what had happened, but I took hold of her hand and told her I loved her. You see, that elderly couple rubbed off on me while my wife was waiting to undergo treatment. Fact is, it really wasn't her needing to hold my hand , as much as my needing to hold hers. Hey! I just had a great idea, someone should write a song about wanting to hold hands. I think it would climb to the top of the charts. What do you think?

No comments: