Thursday, December 07, 2006

WAITING TO HEAR YOUR NAME

While we were in the waiting room of our Hospital today, we were waiting for one thing to take place, hearing my wife's name being called out. Why? So she could get out of one room and into another room where she would be put under for examination. "Janice" had a nice ring to it when her name was called out. We knew part of the waiting was over and another kind of waiting was about to take place. Sure enough, it was my turn to waite while she was put under for the test. I sat in the waiting room where I read and watched my watch. After awhile I heard my last name called out and was told to go be with her. Most everything went well. That's when I called out yet another name, Jesus. I thanked him she was going to be okay. Was He waiting for me to call His name? To thank Him? I think He knew we would call out His name because we do it daily again and again. But today, it was something special, for someone special, Janice.

No comments: