Wednesday, December 06, 2006

McFriendship

When I arrived at McDonald's for lunch with a friend today, I couldn't find a parking place and I couldn't find Hal. I looked in the parking lot, the eating area, and the restroom. Hal was no where to be found. Like any good guy, I went ahead and ordered my food. Just as I was seated, he showed up. After he got his food and joined me, we had another great time together. This was the 13th time we've done this since he moved to town. There is seldom silence between the two of us because we have so much to say. Today I was reminded that I need to let him talk and I just need to listen. I always learn more when I just keep quite. Today, I learned a wide range of things as Hal shared things with me. It was worth more and better than the food. I sure got my money's worth at McDonald's today where they do it all for you. Most of all, they provide a place for friends to get together. That's all these two men need and it's not even on their menu. They could call it, McFriendship.

No comments: