Wednesday, December 27, 2006

"IT'S GREAT!!!"

My wife and I were in Nashville at a book store a few days ago. While she shopped, I looked for a book to buy. I scanned several and than came across, Everday Greatness, by Stephen Covey. I found myself taking time to read some of the stories in it. About the time I was ready to buy the book, she said she was ready to go. I put the book on the shelve and we went on our way. I made a mental note to get a copy of the book when I got back to Bowling Green. When I went to my favorite book store, they didn't have it. I almost told them to order me a copy, but I didn't. The next day I was at a Mall and saw the same book, but I didn't buy it since I was in a rush. When I got home I told her about the book and that I would buy one after Christmas. When we were opening Christmas presents, I discovered that my wife I bought the book for me. The trouble is, there was a note attached to the book saying that I can't read it at home. She not only gave me the book to read but a two night "get lost" to Lexington after the first of the year. Since I was born in Lexington, I love to go there. I love to go to the Joseph Beth Bookstore most of all and just brouse. Then I go to the motel and camp out with coffee, good food and good books. It's a neat retreat. My next job is to get my supplies ready to go. Everday Greatness, some snacks and a good coffee cup. As Tony the tiger would say, "My everyday wife is GREAT!!!!!"

No comments: