Sunday, December 31, 2006

"In the Beginning...."

"In the beginning..." That's what this is all about as I attempt to do a daily devotion during 2007.
Sure, I've started such things in the past, but I always get side-tracked. In other words, I don't
do too well with it. I start only to soon stop in my tracks! Good intentions are not good enough.
I've had good intentions of dropping some weight, but it's still there. I've had good intentions of
watching less tv, but the tv is on. The lure of the things still attract and trap me. Maybe that's
why I write this prayer on New Year's Eve:
Jesus, there is a song we sing about You. It's entitled, "Turn Your Eye's Upon Jesus." I admit
that it is easier to sing than to turn and keep my eye's upon You. Forgive me, Lord. Distractions
do me in. I start and then I stop. I'm asking You to keep Your eye's upon me because I desire to
do Your will and I know I'll fail if I try to do it all alone. Lead me in paths of righteousness so I'll
do the right things from the beginning of another new year on into eternity. Amen.
I will share some of my thoughts and prayers with you who read my Blog in hopes that it will help you in your new year. May your new year make a new you, in Christ Jesus.

No comments: