Saturday, December 30, 2006

BOLD HEADLINES

The headlines of this morning's newspaper were printed in bold print: "HANGMAN EXECUTES SADDAM." I couldn't miss those tragic word if I had tried. And then, there's all the news on television about the hanging Saddam. For some reason, I started thinking about the things I've said and done that deserve death. It's not hard for me to think of all the sins I've committed that" stamp these word in bold print: "GUILTY!" I deserve death due to my sins that separate me from our Holy God. I should be punished. But, I'm, spared because Someone else took my place, my punishment upon an old rugged cross 2,000 years ago. His name is Jesus. The headline should be printed in bold print: "JESUS SAVES!" We should go tell everyone, everywhere about Jesus. That's the Good News that overcomes the bad news. And we sure could use some Good News, couldn't we? Well, it doesn't get any better than this!

No comments: