Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Hands Up!

I've been invited to speak to some volunteers who work at a local Hospital. I think I'll share
some thoughts along the line of doing you very best as a volunteer. Why do these people give
so much of their time and talents when they could do something else? Do they do it to get attention? Would I be willing to do what they do? Most of the people who do volunteer work
are seldom seen if they do their work well. That is to say, it's not about themselves, it's all about others. Attention and applause isn't their goal, it's attenting to the needs of others. They
don't want to be in the spotlight, they want to spot a need and handle it as best they can. You
know, I think I just decided what to talk about next Tuesday: "Is There A Volunteer In the House?" I'm sure I will see a sea of helping hands popping up all over the room.

No comments: