Tuesday, December 05, 2006

"Look Dear, Deer!"

Tuesday morning I looked out our front window and saw two deer under a tree in our yard. It
was a sight to behold. I called my wife and said, "Look, Dear, Deer!" There they were. They
stood still and silent as if they hadn't heard or seen anything. I started sneaking up on them so
I could take a picture. They still stood still and silent as if they wanted to be seen. That's when
I realized that they would leave me alone if I were to leave them alone. These two deer didn't
hear or see me because they are made of wood. My wife had put them there and hadn't told me.
Boy, did I hope no one saw me acting so stupid. It would be the talk of the town. I can hear it
now, " Hey! Did you hear about the guy down on the corner? He thought two wooden deer were
real. What a crazy guy!" Well, tonight I'm going to dress the deer so they won't get cold. I'll
put a ribbow around their necks. Maybe a bow since we live on the corner of Bow and Grider
Pond Road. They sure are something to see, just standing there under a tree watching people
drive by. Bye.

1 comment:

Jennifer Coomer said...

I got really excited thinking we had had real deer in the yard.

Hey, Tiffany & I saw a deer running down Scottsville Rd. in front of Shoney's once. It could happen.