Tuesday, December 05, 2006

"AND THAT'S THE TRUTH!"

Yesterday I bought a new book entitled, Simple Truths. I plan to start reading it today. Before I do, I have to tell a simple truth. My daughter is at it again. When I went to my Blog early this morning, I found that she had added my picture to my last Blog. I hadn't asked her to add it and I didn't like the picture in the first place, so, I deleted it. The simple truth is, I didn't even like the Blog. I hope I have a good time reading, Simple Truths now that the truth has been told. It looks like the kind of book I will really enjoy reading. The simple truth to the book is that it was on sale. Had it not been, I doubt I would of bought it. I didn't need another book to go with my stack of books. But who can turn down a sale? Not me. I had gone to the book store to buy a book by a dear friend, J. Ellsworth Kalas. It is entitled, What I Learned When I Was Ten. His book will be my bed time sleeping pill. I read every night before turning off the light. It puts my mind in a better mood for sleep. I even find that something from the books show up in my dreams. This one deals with the span of a couple of years. When I read a couple of pages last night, I found myself going back to the time when I was ten. I can hardly wait to pick it up again tonight because this book is really going to be good. And, "That's the truth!"

1 comment:

Sarah W. said...

Hey, Mr. Coomer! I copyedited Dr. Kalas's "Preaching from the Soul" (Abingdon Press, 2003). It's a small world!