Monday, December 11, 2006

BORING BETTLES

For the first time in many months, I can get my car in the garage. After our daughter moved home, we had to store her stuff in the garage and couldn't get a car in out of the rain or snow. There is still a small problem though, the garage door opener doesn't want to work. Sometime today I have to go get a new battery and hope that will take care of that. How can something so small, be so big! These are those tiny "boring bettles" that bug us. Things like: a dripping faucet, a gravy spot on a new tie, etc.. These nagging things drive us nuts! Small boring bettles brought down huge chestnut trees years ago and at times they still seem to try to bring us down. Timber! How do you and I handle the stresses that strangle us? We wait with patience and give it our best. I must admit that it is much easier to preach than to practice. Just ask my wife. But most of the time, most of the tiny problems can be dealt with just like the large ones, get over it and get on with it. What was a problem isn't anymore and the gargage door will not win, I will. Because just like it, life is up and down. So, I don't intend to stay down, I'm going to get up. Won't you join me?

1 comment:

Jennifer Coomer said...

You're blamming me? What about all of Stephen's stuff???

:-)