Saturday, December 30, 2006

A Year with Jesus

One of the best books in my study is, A Year with Jesus, by Eugen Peterson. Peterson is the
author of The Message. A Year with Jesus is made up of daily readings and mediatations from
Matthew and John. I go to this book daily to help me take my required daily doses of spiritual
instructions and inspiration. These tend to "jump - start" my soul and also provide additional
"Sermon Starters". "Sermon Starters" are a source of sermon seeds that I turn to from time to time to work with new sermons that I might feel led to preach sometime, somewhere.
As I was approaching the section from John's Gospel, I felt that I need to do something different
in 2007. I should start a collections of daily thoughts for my own good. It will be like journaling.
It will be made up of thoughts and prayers that speak to and from my soul. Wish me well as I
work with this. I might even share some of my thoughts through this Blog from time to time.
Most of all, I simply wish to spend more time with Jesus. After all, isn't that what it's all about?

No comments: