Friday, November 03, 2006

The Write Reverend

This morning I came across an article in a church newsletter written by the Pastor. His title
caught my eye: The Write Reverend. One of the things that requires lots and lots of time is the writing of sermons, newspaper artcicles and letters. I know from past experience as well as the writing I do on a daily basis. Just doing blogs takes time, lots of time. Whenever working with a sermon, I find that it takes a great deal of writing. I write down research notes. I write out my sermon in full and then try to outline it so that I don't have to use my writings at all when I preach the sermon from the pulpit. As I read articles, books, magazines, etc, I'm jotting down a number of things for reference in the future. Just this morning I had to write down a list of things to ask of someone at a breakfast meeting, not to mention the things I wrote down in response to what my list was all about. I can't remember things like I used to do so I have to write notes or else I would never know what I need to remember. At times, I even have to write myself a note to stick in my keys pocket to help me ask or do what I need to get done. You see, I want to be a Right Reverend. Well, enough of these writings from someone who hopes someone reads this blog before night fall.

No comments: