Thursday, November 23, 2006

TOM TURKEY'S THANKSGIVING

When I was walking into the kitchen early Thanksgiving morning, I knew there had to be a turkey in the house. Tom Turkey always shows up. So I looked in the fridge to see if he was hiding in there. Nope. I looked in the pantry. Nope. Then I looked in the oven and there was Tom. Was he ever hot under his collar! I wonder if he knew that when he hid in the oven it would get in him in hot water! I do know that, Tom Turkey has good taste and he is stuffed, just like I'm going to be by the end of the day. Tom will get to go to Grandad's today though, so he wouldn't have to stay home alone. He can even be a real cut up! He will also be in our prayers as we give thanks for all the great food on the table. If he is smart, next year Tom get a pardon from the President and get to go where he can live a longer life. Until then, Happy Thanksgiving from Tom Turkey and my family where the I've been told, I'm the real Turkey! I don't know why they say that. It is really not very nice, but I will pardon them for saying such a thing if I get to go first at the table.
ps: Tom Turkey did show up at my Dad's for Thanksgiving. Just as I thought, everyone ate him up! He was so good! He did his Turkey trick again this year too, almost everyone took a nap. I think there was some kind of drug in the dressing. It is good to be back home after such a great day. I hope you can say the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Tom turkey will be around every year to see what delectable sauce he will be basted with. One year he was basted with Dr. Pepper. This year it was cranberry walnut vinigette salad dressing. Mmm, the fun part is the rest of the Coomer clan doesn't know what secret ingredent they are eating along with old Tom. Janice