Monday, November 27, 2006

THE RIGHT KEY IS: DELETE

As I work with this Blog I look down at the keyboard and see a six letter word that has a great
deal of power. The word is "delete". If I hit that key, I can delete these very words as if I didn't
even write them at all. There are times when I make mistakes and decide not to use a Blog. So
I hit the "delete" key and zap, it is gone in an instant, as if I had never written anything at all. In the last few days we've heard about or seen where someone said something they wish they had
not said or did something they wish they had not done in the first place. But, too late. Much too late! So the they want to be pardoned. they want their slate wiped clean. Friends, only God
can grant that wish. It's called grace. Grace is an even greater five letter word. And, it's even
greater to experience it after failing, sinning, etc. When we pray and ask for forgiveness, it's
like hitting the delete key. Our sins are forgiven and forgotten as if we never said or did what
we said or did. But there is a warning with these words that is key: don't go out and say or do
the same things again. God's grace is available to us all, but it doesn't allow us to play games with grace. It's not a game. It's grace, amazing grace! It's always the right key to hit!

No comments: