Friday, November 10, 2006

THE LAST LAUGH

While I was blowing the leaves to the back of the back yard this afternoon, I thought I heard the leaves laughing at me. It was as if they were laughing at me all my hard work. It was as if the
leaves were laughing at me for thinking I would finally finish this Fall tradtion. When I put the blower away I thought they were laughing at me again, but I may be mistaken. It might of been
the leaves last gasp for life because they haven't been looking too good for the past few days. Their color isn't good, they look dirty, dingy and as if they are dying. Too bad that they have to go "to the dump, to the dump, to the dump , dump, dump" to lay in state for the remaider of Fall, all of Winter and some of of Spring where they will work to enrich the soil and bring forth new life. It could well be that they are laughing because they know they do have the last laugh after all. These leaves really have put on a good show, as well as provide shade for the Summer months. So, to the laughing leaves, I give a standing ovation. You see, I've got to go to the bathroom or someone will be laughing at me. And, I'm too proud for such a sight! I'm not going to Fall for that! Nope! Not me!

No comments: