Tuesday, October 03, 2006

UP AND AT IT!

I began taking a new medication last night that causes one to be drowsy. Was I ever drowsy! Most mornings I am up by 5:30. Not this morning. I didn't get out of bed until 7:00. Our son was already up and gone to work. The garbage guys were already doing their jobs. It's 9:30 and I feel I've wasted time by being in bed so late. Even though I don't have a job to get too, I still want to get going bright and early each and every morning. Now that I stop and think about it, I'm so glad I have something to get out of bed for each and every morning. Sad to say, some people feel that they don't have anything worth getting out of bed for at all. They tend to stay right where they are, as they are. They are not driven to do anything worth while. They are asleep almost all the time. They escape the excitement of another new day by being drowsy and doing little or nothing at all. I feel so sorry for folk like these. "Life is short even at it's longest", Henri Nouwen says. So, get up you sleepy heads and live life.

1 comment:

Jennifer Coomer said...

Well now I know why the dogs didn't wake you up!