Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Tuesdays with Hal

A few years ago Tuesdays with Morrie became a best seller. It's about an old man and a young man and life's great lessons. I think I could write a book called, Tuesdays with Hal one of these days. Hal is a friend who goes way back with me. He is the old man by one year so he has lots to teach me. We became buddies when we were both still in school. We meet every Tuesday at Mac Donalds to eat and share stories. We laugh, we cry, we eat. Most of the time I'm the first one there. I wait for Hal to drive up and hope he doesn't drive on through the drive through as if he had forgoten why he was at MacDonald's in the first place. So far, he hasn't. It's not the food but the friendship that draws us together each Tuesday. When we have to miss being together, we can hardly wait until the next Tuesday. It's just the two of us. He would bring his wife and I would bring mine but we both know they need time off from the two of us. They deserve it after putting up with us for all these years. Their motto could even be, "We Do It All for You!" Well, they don't do it all for us, but they are off to a good start. One of these Tuesday's we will let them join us if they will buy.

No comments: