Friday, October 27, 2006

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES

Isn't it amazing how hearing a word can take our minds far, far away? When I was walking through our kitchen today I heard the word Crisco and immediately my mind went way back to when I was a child. We had a snow white Eshimo spitz dog named Crisco. I can see him in my mind even as I write these words. He was a dog that let you know who was boss - Crisco. He would wag his tail and go wherever you would go as long as he could except in our house. Dad wouldn't dare let Crisco come in there! Crisco's bark was worse than his bite. He liked to watch people walking into the church right next door. This dog from years and years ago has a place in my heart on this October afternoon. I can almost hear him barking as I drink from my cup of coffee. What a dog! What memories! Better than Crisco Oil, that's for sure!

No comments: