Monday, October 30, 2006

COMPARING CHURCHES

The church we attend averages well over a thousand each Sunday. But yesterday, I preached at a small church in the country. That's two Sunday''s back to back now. Both were beautiful services. Both were worshipfull and meaningfull. The two smaller churches were traditional while the church we attend has five services . Some time we attend the tradtional and at times we attend the contemporary service which is the best attended service. What I observed is that the Lord is lifted up in the small and in the large church both. It isn't really the size that matters, it's the worship of the Lord God. I'm proud of these different size churches who do different things to reach the people as they reach up to God and God reaches down to them. It is always a pleasure to preach at the small and the large church. I have served as a Pastor of both and found both to be used to God's glory. I always look forward to attending any church that offers the people a sense of the Holy. That's what happened for me in a very small church, in a very big way yesterday morning.

No comments: