Friday, October 06, 2006

TAKING TURNS

A pastor friend of mine and I have breakfast together from time to time at a resturant. When we met the last time, Paul spilled his water glass on himself and the floor. I laughed at his mistake when it happened. Well, this morning it was my turn. Without any thought of doing such a thing, my right elbow hit my water glass thus spilling water on myself and the floor. This time though it was me who was in trouble. Terresa, the owner of the restuarant was walking by and said a word of "good morning" to us and then she saw the spilled water and ice. When she bent over to clean it up, I told her I had done it. She had a good laugh out of it and then she said, "it happens all the time." Had I had another glass of water near by I think I would of spilled it too just for the fun ot it. I should of told Paul that it would be his turn next time. But knowing Paul he would of just turned and walked away laughing as he got in his car to leave. We all need someone we can enjoy being with as we jouney through life. And, one of the best things about this morning was that Paul paid for my breakfast!

No comments: