Thursday, October 05, 2006

MY PRAYER BOOK

I am on page 235 of the Philip Yancey book, Prayer: Does It Make a Difference?, which I started reading on September 13th. Once again, I find myself feeling as if I am Holy Ground while I read his writing. Yancey yanks my chains. He makes me think. He makes me laugh. He makes me mad. But most of all, he draws me nearer and nearer to the Throne of God. As always, I have a lot of marks throughout the book to remind me to turn to those pages for spiritual jump-starts and to have some sermon seeds to work with in the future. As I read this new book, I find myself wondering why I don't deal with some of the things he deals with. I hope by the time I reach page 334, I will be able to say that this book has given me a deeper desire to be a person who prays much, much more and helps answers the prayers of others much , much more. Now it's left to me to pray and do more and not just read another book about prayer. I have an idea that maybe then I can make a difference in the lives of others just as Yancey's book has made a difference in mine.

1 comment:

Philip Magee said...

John,
Just completed Philip Yancey's book and really enjoyed it.
I am just about to post my comments on the book today.

Phil